ARLIS UK & Ireland 50th Anniversary Events
2019 is the 50th Anniversary of ARLIS UK & Ireland, and we thought a fitting way to celebrate would be to support the running of local events throughout UK & Ireland. As a Society we recognise how often events occur in London and the South East, and on our 50th birthday we’re keen to enable members to hold events more locally, offering the opportunity for themes and issues relating to art librarianship to be explored up and down the country.
We are therefore offering 10 x £500 grants to support the running of a local events, and we invite you to send us your applications for funding.
If you have an idea for an event and you would like to apply for a £500 grant, please complete this (short!) application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not restricting these events by any type or subject, as we want to offer the widest possible interpretation of art librarianship and related activities that can be explored. However, there are a few terms and conditions:
- ARLIS UK &Ireland 50th Anniversary Event grants must not be used to generate profit of any sort.
- Institutions wishing to run an ARLIS 50th Anniversary event in 2019 do not need to be institutional members of ARLIS, however the named applicant must either be an institutional or personal members of ARLIS.
- All applications will be considered by ARLIS Council for approval. The decision of Council is final.
- Supported events may not be held in July 2019, during which month the Society holds its annual conference.
- Publicity for all grant-winning events must include the ARLIS logo.
- Within six weeks of the end of the event, a summary must be submitted to ARLIS for use on our website and other publicity. This may be in the form of a report, podcast, video or other media – please feel free to get creative!
Applications for event grants are now open and will close on the 11th March. We look forward to hearing your ideas and supporting you to run 50th Anniversary events!